Rockwell E300 Overload

YoungWint

I have E300 with an IP Address of 192.168.0.102 that I want to change.

My requirement is to change it to 192.168.11.112 !

Using web browser can see the drive but when try and change address old values are written in.

Also tried via BOOTP but again this did not work and ended up going back to factory defaults.

What am I missing?

I know that there are different types of communication module for the E300 but on all of ours the IP address is set using rotary switches on the module. I think that this only works for 192.168.1.x addresses so you may have to disable them somehow to use another address range. Unfortunately I don't have a manual to hand but I would check on this.

Last edited:
If you are using a Stratix switch and ADC within your Logix program, it may be resetting your IP address as soon as it sees the different address on the device. Speak with your network admin about this.

Last edited:
The IP address must be correct before ADC will work so ADC will not change it.

If there is a Stratix switch and DHCP persistance is setup and the E300 is set for DHCP/BootP it will change the IP address.

Or even if there is no Stratix switch but the E300 is setup for DHCP/BootP anything else on the network acting as a DHCP server will give it an address.

In the manual for the Ethernet adaptor module here http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/193-in059_-en-p.pdf the default subnet is 192.168.1.xxx so if it's really 192.168.1.102 now then something has been changed.

If you look at the rotary switch settings in this manual you can see how they need to be set if you want to use the rotary switch or if you want to use a static or DHCP address.

If you think there may be a DHCP server changing the address just connect between the e300 and your laptop with a cross over cable and eliminate that.Check you rotary switch setting first.