Rockwell E300 relays MS and NS lights blinking while the Link light is normal.

Karinrinkashi

Hello everyone.

I have a bunch of e300s connected to a startix which is then going to the plc. All of them are showing their MS and NS lights blinking while the link1 light shows communication. We have tried resetting them and everything in between.

Has anybody ran into this issue or has any hints for me to go by?

Thanks in advance!

Karin

What are they communicating with? What colors are the flashing NS and MS lights?

They are flashing green. Even the power light is flashing green. I have the manual and I am looking at it right now. Due to time constraints, wanted to know if somebody could throw a quicker bone. It is a CLX and they are in the IO tree but with a warning now.

Thank you

Karin

So they're in a ready state. What kind of stratix is it? The managed type? Make sure the ports are open if it is. Can you ping them from your PC?

So they're in a ready state. What kind of stratix is it? The managed type? Make sure the ports are open if it is. Can you ping them from your PC?

It is managed but can be also used as unmanaged depending on port settings. I will try to ping them now and see what I get. They are hooked up using port persistence. So they are DHCP and then the stratix gives them an IP address depending on the port that they are connected to.

Karin

I am starting to believe that something is up with the e300s themselves. But the only thing that keeps negating that thought is.... all of them have the same issue? Weiiird.

Did this ever get solved?

I'm having the same issue with an E300 module.
Power, MS, and NS lights are all flashing green.
Power: ready
MS: Module is not being scanned by the EtherNet/IP master
NS: Module is online, but with no connections established

Logix recognizes the module and the status keeps going back and forth between connecting and faulted.
Internal status in the properties says "unconnected."
I've reset the module from within Logix.
I've power cycled the module.
I've held the test/reset button.

I am able to ping the module.
This module had previously been working since 10/2018.

Last edited:
BTW, this is Rockwell's response to this issue:

Why are the Power, Module Status (MS), and Network Status (NS) LED’s flashing/blinking green on the E300 Overload Relay?

The power LED flashing green means the Device is Ready.
The MS and NS LED flashing green means something is wrong with the connection to the Network.
Verify the E300 Overload Relay is in the I/O tree and that you have the correct Add on Profile (AOP) for the firmware revision in the E300 Overload Relay.
Verify that Parmeters 23 thru 25 match what are actually in the field.
Check Parameters 38 and 38 to see if there is a mismatch and what the mismatch is.
Check Parameter 186 to be sure there are no trip bits enabled for devices not connected to the E300 Overload Relay.

Thought I'd update on my situation. Turned out to be a bad network switch. Replaced the switch and everything is back to normal. Before replacing, we started losing other things also connected to that switch.