Rockwell IOL and Encoders

lcabal27

I was wondering if 5032-8IOLM12DR are suitable for encoders devices. I'm concern about the RPI and loosing encoder counts using this type of blocks. Has anyone has expirience with these IOLs and enconders?

Encoder counts are stored in the encoder, the io-link interface would read the value stored in the encoder, not the rising/falling pulses. Process speed would determine if the IOL was fast enough or if a dedicated high speed counter should be used instead. We use io-link for clamp closed verification, then a second later verify closed position was within tolerance, then release the clamp - I wouldn't trust it in a cammed application as the response speed wouldn't be gauranteed <~2s

Similar Topics

Rockwell PLC with 1734-4IOL/A IO-Link Master communicating to 3rd party device. Devices without Premier IODD files normally only have a device...
Replies
Views
I have a PH meter that I am trying to bring its data into 1756-L81. I have downloaded the Rockwell MODBUS AOI kit, but I am not sure if I need to...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Customer wants analog faceplates really bad, even if we explained that it doesn't make much sense in his process. What he wants to see...
Replies
Views
Hello, recently I saw a graphic from any Rockwell App, I cant identify which one is. Attached a SS. Its used to see dashboard from datapoints and...
Replies
Views
I'm working with a project that contains some routines in ST but mostly in ladder. Am I correct in assuming this 'rung': DB1001DO._01AV55_OPEN :=...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom