Rockwell list prices no longer available online???

kolyur

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I often use the Rockwell e-tools link to get list pricing of Allen-Bradley products, just for budgetary purposes. Recently I've noticed that the result page looks different and the list prices are no longer shown. What gives? I hope I don't have to call my distributor now every time I want a ballpark figure on a component.

Yesterday it was functional.o_O
It looks like the folders are "blue-ed" out instead of the normal Manila yellow color.
Maybe they are having a Half-Price sale!!!!!🤞🏻🍻

I just got burned by that no more list pricing stuff also. It worked at 11:00 pm EST I was quoting stuff then.

Arrgh!! That used to be one of the more useful features of using the online configuration tool. Now I need to bug my rep every time I need budget information?!

At least they haven't broken that functionality in ProposalWorks and I can get the information there. Although its a bit of a pain to keep it always updated.

Thank goodness I just finished budget projections last week.

I've launched an email in their direction let them know how I feel about this 'improvement.'

If you have the customer support email I would be happy to send an email. It indicate my extreme excitement about them slowing down my work. I do quoting in the evenings. How is my distributor going to react when I need a quote on a 1756-L72S and a bunch of I/O for a company that is fishing for budget BS pricing.

Well I got a response from Rockwell about this. :mad:

Their 'solution' is "The best way to get your question answered is to contact your authorized Allen-Bradley distributor." o_O

Frankly, I expected a little bit better than this from Rockwell.

Their 'solution' is "The best way to get your question answered is to contact your authorized Allen-Bradley distributor."
And I suppose that the distributor's answer would be something along the lines of "We don't have any control over the functionality of the Rockwell website." :unsure:

I supposed it depends on your distributor but ours put a nice spreadsheet list together of product we use broken down into sections like Powerflex 40, Control Logix, Compact Logix with our pricing.

For a proposal, if something is not on there, it can usually be intelligently extrapolated from something similar.

I'm very happy with our AB Rep.

In a previous life, my distributor was able to periodically kick out an Excel file and send to us to import into ProposalWorks that would automatically apply our discount on any item. Made quoting a breeze.

Oh, That's not good.
Whatever the problem was, I don't think removing the prices was a good solution.
I blame the lawyers :mad:
That was a very handy tool. I hope that it returns.

Its very frustrating keeping up with pricing. That said I use an ESTIMATING program with a database of all the parts I use. If the parts not there I add it and then its there for the future. Lots of manufactures let you import there items into most estimating programs. NECA and others have labor rates for the install of these parts if its not there I create it. AB is not so user friendly so most of the AB parts I use are hand entered into the database, however once their there All I have to do is adjust overall price ranges to to fit the job. IMHO AB would sell more parts if they made it easier to price thats why I try and use misc. parts that are already in my database whenever possible.

Well I questioned my distributor about the website change. He knew nothing about it and seemed very surprised when he looked online and saw the list prices were no longer there. His only explanation was that Rockwell is currently updating (read: raising) their pricing and they might have hidden them on the website temporarily. :rolleyes:

He suggested ProposalWorks and dropped off a disc for me. One hour and 1.18 gigabytes later, I have access to list prices again. I'm envious of these folks who can get final pricing from their distributor's website. My guy told me the pricing structure is so complicated that they can only do it through the normal quoting process. Oh well. :confused: