Rockwell rslinx connection to L43S through 1768EBNT

lelogix

hi all,

I'm trying to connect to a allen bradley L43S cpu through a 1768-ebnt ethernet adapter using rslinx. I can ping the ethernet card and rslinx is seeing the card, but I cant browse past the ethernet card in rslinx. when I use factorytalk linx I'm able to browse down to the plc backplane. but I'm not able to do it in rslinx. I'm running RSlinx version 4.11. I tried installing the eds files too. I'm running out of ideas.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

While RSLinx Classic 4.11 should come with all of the EDS files necessary to navigate through a 1768-ENBT and the CompactLogix 1768 backplane (a short-lived technology) to the CPU, it's possible that some of your EDS files didn't get registered correctly.

Precisely what does the RSLinx Classic icon for the 1768-ENBT look like ? How is it labeled in the graphical view ? Does it have a [+] emblem that suggests you can expand beyond it to the backplane ?

If you can screenshot the RSWho browse and attach it to your post as a PNG file that would be ideal.

Do you have any other 1756 or 1769 series Logix products to test or compare your installation with ?

I would try to delete Harmony files - this is technically RSLinx cache.
You can google that and there are many knowledgebase articles.