Rockwell VantagePoint to Beckoff PLC

Corkman

Hi all,
I'm wondering if anyone here has successfully collected data in Rockwells VantagePoint from a Beckoff PLC (TwinCAT). (I am collecting from ControlLogix and CompactLogix at present)

What licenses are required to do it? VantagePoint OPC Connector + Kepware OPC or VantagePoint OPC Connector + Beckoff OPC

or any other method?

Thanks,
Corkman

The easiest way would be to turn on the Beckoff OPC server (OPC UA is faster/easier, but they should have an OPC DA option to be backwards compatible with Rockwell). You most likely don't have to license the Beckoff OPC server and I don't think Kepware supports Beckoff anyway.

The Beckoff OPC is an option so not sure what that means in term of licensing, plus I just found Kepware has Beckoff listed but I'm also not sure if this is any good.

You will need an OPC license for VantagePoint. Whether you use Kepware or their own OPC server, you still have to have a VP license for the OPC connection.

OG

Ok thanks for that Operaghost, I'd better get onto our local distributer in that case. I wonder what the cost of this will be??