RS Linx Enterprise problem in FTView 7.0 SE

shailesh_vb

Hello Everyone,

I have installed FTView 7.0 in my PC. But there is problem in RSLinx Enterprise communication setup. I am unable to connect my Offline Tag file. (".ACD) It gives me error. File is not getting attached. What is solution for this?

Please guide me.

Thanks,
Shailesh

When configuring the Device Shortcut there are a couple steps you have to perform.

In the left pane create your shortcut. In the right-pane, browse to and select your Logix 5000 controller.

Then, optionally, to assign the Offline Tag file, click Browse and point to the .ACD file and click Open.

After that, Click Apply and then OK.

The Offline Tag File is only for Logix 5000 controllers and it is not a required step but usually a good idea.

If that is not working, a screenshot of the window and the error will help us to help you.

OG

Hi,

Please find the attached screenshot for the same.
I have attached same ".acd" file 2 to 3 times but same error pop ups every time when I verify it and that's why backup file is not attaching.

Thanks,
Shailesh

FTview error.jpg

The objective behind a device shortcut is to apply a meaningful name for a controller the HMI will be communicating with.

You create a shortcut as you have done, in the left side of the RSLinx Enterprise window. But you have not specified which PLC this will be a shortcut for in the window on the right. There are three steps, and you have done step #1 and step #3.

Perhaps you should start off by watching the Rockwell video on setting up communications. It's about 5 minutes.

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/r...mApplication.swf&mediaLang=.&defaultMediaLang=.

If you do not have a live PLC available, then you can manually add one and then attach the Offline Tag file. But until you point your shortcut to a PLC controller, then you will not be able to complete the shortcut.

You can access other videos on using FactoryTalk View here. Select the FactoryTalk View Machine Edition Quick Start videos for a list of videos.

OG