RS logix 5000, control logic

pinsol

Just started a new job.Getting first experience working with rslogix 5000/control logic. Have extensive experience in all ab contols in the slc 500 series. However this is a little new. Are there any books, dvds, that i can get to get me started in the right direction?

I have a problem, hope get advise!!!!
I use panelbuild set a start button on panelview, and I set panelview communciatd with slc500 by remote, when I set write tag address, I use I:02.3/2. because I set panelview in rack 2. but when I vaildate, it said : cannot write to a output of discrete rack." if can not write, how I send this button signal to SLC500?
progress.gif

I have a problem, hope get advise!!!!
I use panelbuild set a start button on panelview, and I set panelview communciatd with slc500 by remote, when I set write tag address, I use I:02.3/2. because I set panelview in rack 2. but when I vaildate, it said : cannot write to a output of discrete rack." if can not write, how I send this button signal to SLC500?
progress.gif

Suboliu:

This is not related to this Thread, start a new one.

We will need better information, exact Model of the PanelView, SLC Processor, Communications you are using between the two for starters.

Stu.....