RS Logix Emulate 500 instance IP and Port

leonppontes

Hi!

I'm using RSLinx Classic, RSLogix Micro English and RSLogix Emulate 500 to emulate a Micrologix 1100 Series B. I'm able to run, program and simulate different input and output with the emulated PLC. Everything works fine.

My problem is that I'm writing a program using the nodePCCC library (https://github.com/plcpeople/nodepccc) and I'm not able to connect to the emulated PLC using the address 127.0.0.1 and the port 44818. I tried running 'netstat -a' on Power Shell and I found out that the port 44818 is not being used.

Could someone help me identify what I'm doing wrong?

The only cases I know of where a 3rd party application was able to communicate with the RSLogix 500 Emulator made use of a licensed (paid for) version of RSLinx and used its OPC/DDE functionality.

In my opinion, the better option is to purchase a real Micrologix 1100.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community ! Your project sounds really interesting, and thanks for pointing out that Github project.

Emulate 500 does not do TCP/IP network communications by itself, even when emulating an Ethernet-capable MicroLogix or SLC-5/05. You will not be able to communicate with it via PCCC over CIP transport (Port 44818) or the legacy Client/Server Protocol v4 (Port 2222).

It usually communicates via the "virtual driver" to RSLinx Classic, which can be accessed via its API (by RSLogix, generally) or classic OPC DA (when it's licensed as a server).

One interesting exception is that you can map a COM port to the Channel 0 serial port of most SLC/MicroLogix controllers in Emulate 5000, and communicate with the Emulator via real physical RS-232 using DF1 protocol. I haven't tried doing so through virtual COM ports.