RS232 ASCII Works in HyperTerminal but Garbage Data with CompactLogix

According to the manual linked in post #12, page 10, and according to the manual linked in post #2, you need a 3-wire, no handshake, null-modem type (crossover) cable. That would mean you need a configuration shown according to the 1756 manual on page 8. It shows on the controller (plc) connector end a jumper from 1 to 4 to 6, and another jumper from 7 to 8. Also you will need 3 wires connected between the device and the plc. Pin 3 on the device goes to pin 2 of the plc. Pin 2 of the device goes to pin 3 of the plc. Pin 5 of the device goes to pin 5 of the plc.

Edit:
What Bernie said, he types much faster than me.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hi to everybody. I need to read the first 12 characters of the message that a barcode reader sends to the ascii card (1734-rs232 ascii) and I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a linear actuator set up (2 Ewellix linear actuators with hall effect sensor encoders) and an SCU control unit with RS232...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new into AB controllers and I'm trying to find how to handle rs232 communication on slc 05/4. I know that I need to configure channel 0...
Replies
Views
Hi, Guys I'm trying to upgrade a device witch comms is thru a RS232. The PLC is a Compactlogix L16ER to a remote PIO 1734-AENT then on this PIO a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am an apprentice and ee student and I have been trying get a slc 5/03 to report temperature data and system status history at a fixed...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom