RS232 to blue tooth

todster

Anyone every try these? Thinking of maybe using these on an SLC5/04, if RSLinx doesn't protest. There isn't a lot of noise where it will be used. It's seems an easier solution than running a long serial cable or wasting one of my nano-itx's as a headless PC. It also means no wires to pull.

I did a little testing with one of the old Parani units from Lemos International a few years ago. This was before Bluetooth was common in PC's; I had a Linksys external dongle with a big high-power antenna on it.

It was measurably slower (about 25%) than a direct DF1 Full Duplex serial link, but I was able to get about 125 feet of usable range, line-of-sight.

RSLinx Classic's DF1 Full Duplex protocol worked fine on this device. Autoconfigure didn't work, similar to many USB interfaces.