RS5000 data tracking

Thank You everyone. I wrote this similer to the way daba suggested and it works great. I Appreciate all ot the advice. But on pulling the information to the spreadsheet file I was just going to use RS linx dde/opc. I was kind of supprised that no one mentioned this. Is there something I am not aware of on useing this option?

I am doing the same thing. Logging data from 4 CIP systems. I am using a combination of FT Historian and FT Transaction Manager. Then setting up the reports on a Vantage point intranet website using the events to automatically generate a report for each cycle.

If time is no issue, I would keep the data internally and collect it when needed
Make the buffer large enough to hold for example a week of data in an array
Make an input pointer and an output pointer, then you are flexible.

I Appreciate all ot the advice. But on pulling the information to the spreadsheet file I was just going to use RS linx dde/opc. I was kind of supprised that no one mentioned this. Is there something I am not aware of on useing this option?

I'd call this option a "hack" and not appropriate. This option is great for uploading data from a diagnostic standpoint, as well as downloading configuration data, but as a data collection method...no.