Rs5000 with 1756-HSC

jim767

First time using a HSC. Successfully added to L61 rack and connected a Quadrature encoder and reading the output at .Present.Value. Could someone tell me if I can use just a MOV instruction to the Local:2:C.Preset[0] tag to reset to a certain value or do I need to add the CIP Generic MSG instruction to do this. Yes I'm new at this stuff. Any help is greatly appreciated including any tips. I have done some research and have the sample 1756_HSC_FEQU_CLX.ACD posted. Thanks

1756-hsc

I've attached the file I was looking at during my research. I don't have the ladder written yet for the controllogix program. Sorry if I stated that incorrectly. What I would like to do is change the HSC's preset value during a calibrate operation which tells the counter where to start. The manual for the HSC says after the HSC module has begun operation, you can only change the configuration by using a message instruction. Is the preset value tag, considered part of the configuration? Can I just use a MOV instruction?

I have written to it directly but it seems to always change back to the value of the downloaded program even when I have triggered the load preset tag. Is this what you mean by the command being triggered?

I am also trying to set the preset tag to the latest value during a power down of the the processor in another rung by using the .presentvalue tag and using the S:FS first scan instruction but this too is reverting back. I am having success using the msg instruction to do these things but I would like to not use these. Your sharing of your knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Hello to all

Can anyone show me a small code snippet of rslogix 5000
using the HSC module?

which registers should i read?

i need to calculate rate and quantity.

As far as I know, the Preset Values on the 1756-HSC modules are part of the configuration data. Any change to configuration data must be written using a Configuration Service message.