RSLinx 2.59 Installation Problems In Windows XP Embedded

danMan2012

Hi All

I am trying to update my communication driver for PLC/HMI communication via DH+ to ethernet/IP. I have an automation PC that is running XPe OS and RSLinx 2.57. When I tried to add an ethernet/IP driver in RSLinx, it failed. Talked to Rockwell tech-support and was recommended to update the RSLinx to 2.59. I have tried uninstalling RSLinx 2.57 and now trying to install RSLinx 2.59 without success. I know XP embedded OS requires components that are not included by default, but how do I go about knowing which components I need and where to find them. I am new to using Windows XP embedded...

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks

Some fixes from Rockwell and the internet...

TechNote 115218:
RSLinx installation issue : "your computer must be rebooted now"

As soon as the installation of RSLinx starts, a message pops up asking for rebooting the PC "your computer must be rebooted now, close all applications and click OK to restart".
It is not possible to install RSLinx.
It happens with RSLinx V 2.57, 2.56 and 2.54 on XP sp3 .

Answer
Delete the rsiro.exe file from startup.
Navigate on the Core File to the Redist/RSLinx/ENU subdirectory.
Double click the RSLinx.msi file.
This will bypass the install console and take you directly to the RSLinx Installshield Wizard.

------------------------------------------------------------
When creating a Ethenet/IP driver in RSLinx in XP Embedded:

File rpcns4.dll must be added to folder C:\Windows\system32

RPC Named Service file is sometimes not part of Windows Embedded OS. File can be found on any XP computer/VM, copy and paste to the XP embedded computer