RSLinx Installation

Joel201

Good day,

I browsed the forum and some posts on other sites and they said that they are using RSLinx in Windows 7 64 bit. I am currently 🔨 my laptop now cause i can't seem to install the RSLinx i keep getting the 2738 error can someone help me i need any rslinx which can connect to a compactlogix btw i have rslinx classic v2.57 and RSLinx 2.54. Another thing i know that my installer is not corrupted cause it runs perfectly in a 32 bit windows 7. Thanks for anyone that can help

Regards,
Joel

Joel,

I looked at a compatibility matrix and if you happen to be running W7 64bit SP1, Linx wasn't supported until 2.58. If you do not have SP1 installed, then 2.57 is supposed to work. 32bit was officially supported for 2.57.

You may be able to install when the "run as administrator" is checked and/or in compatibility mode, but I'd try to get a newer version to avoid any troubles with drivers in the event that you do get it to install.

Don't even bother with 2.54

Ok Thanks for the info. sadly i have no v2.58 of rslinx or is there a download somewhere the internet? hehehe Thanks

Regards,
Joel