RSLinx CIP API (Ethernet/IP)

noznoz

I am trying to develop the C++ application with RSLinx CIP API.
This application will send the CIP message to CompactLogix via EtherNet/IP with DTL_CIP_MESSAGE_SEND_W function in API.
But I have a trouble to connect via EtherNet/IP. I don't understand how to set baPath in DTL_AB_CIP_PATH structure.

Sample program by Rockwell shows only the example using ControlNet not EtherNet/IP.

Would appreciate if someone provide me the sample program to connect via EtherNet/IP or how to set the baPath when using EtherNet/IP.

Thank you

take a look at:
A4195 - RSLinx C SDK: Routing thru the ControlLogix Gateway
in the RA knowledgebase.

this *might* have the info you are looking for

Any update on this? We're using EtherNet/IP going from the processor to RSLinx SDK, and are running into some trouble due to the use of CIP messaging, and that being compeltely separate from the standard SDK functionality.

Anyone have experience with the SDK, CIP messaging, or interacting with RSLinx and EtherNet/IP sans OPC?