rslinx communication error:

Performance is MUCH BETTER.

Thanks again for all your support.

I am sure I will have more questions in the future! ;)

Simon

My IT administrator called. It worked in 5 minutes. ;)

And it all makes sense NOW. ;)

So I can see it and it seems to work just fine.

Now the BIG TEST - will it perform better.

I will let you know soon.

Thanks for being patient with me Manny!

Simon

Can you share with us what IT did to make it work?

:)

Yes, you were right. The performance is like I expected it to be in the first place. ;)

I am sorry that I did not explain what the IT expert did. Since I was on a corporate network I was making two errors. I had the controller connected to my laptop not the network. Yes, I know, very silly. Second, he hooked up the controller to the network via a switch and gave me the exact IP address via dynamic.

My laptop was re-connected to the network and I am now able to see the controller without any problems. Very nice.

Thanks again for all the help. I have a lot to learn. ;)

Simon

Problem with rslinx

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum. I am programming an Allen Bradley PLC and I'm trying to run some simulations on my pc. problem is that whenever I try to download my software to the rslogix emulate controller, I get an error saying:

Can't communicate with rslinx.

logix designer has been taken offline.

if online operations are in progress, they will not be completed.

when i go back to my rslogix emulate screen, the controller has a red X and is not working anymore. I have to stop the "emulogix5868.exe" task in windows task manager to be able to delete the controller.

Any help with this problem would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!