RSLinx Communication Setup for Ethernet through DH+ to Ethernet

Dariusincj

The way our plant is layed out, I'm limited on how I can connect to different machines. Right now I am pulling data from RSLinx OEM to an Excel spreadsheet. The driver I have set up right now is from Ethernet to an AN-X2-ABDHP (Prosoft Ethernet to DH+ adapter). I have a new machine so far away from Ethernet it would take along time to get connected up but it's close to a DH+ node. So I'm purchasing a 1756-DHRIO adapter card to put in that processor so I can connect it to the DH+ node. How would I go about setting up that DHRIO card on the DH+ network so I can send production data on it? This will be my first DHRIO card and just thought I'd see what everyone says.

The manual for these is pretty straight forward, but if you're configuring the DHRIO for DH+ only DON'T add it to the controller organizer or you'll get a persistent I/O fault. It doesn't actually hurt anything but it's annoying.