RSLinx doesn't see all addresses

alebdun2000

Hi Guys, I need help. We have two Panel View 1000 panels (2711 T10G20) connected to RSLogix 5000 through Ethernet card on opposite sides of machine . When I open RSLinx Classic I can see Controller IP address(192.168.1.100) and all its cards in the tree but I can see only one Touch screen with its own IP address ( 192.168.1.10). Where is another one?( I edited programm in one and need to update second panel) Both touch screens working OK, you can turn on outputs from both and receive inputs ,so I can see there is communication . Both panels connect to one Ethernet switch in el. panel.Tried to connect straight through RS232 to that panel-couldn't communicate,may be I need to setup in setup screen comm port, but that is different issue.

I think in rslinx open a network connection Ethernet ip and you can enter all the IPs that you want to see ,I hope that helps ,stu

Which Ethernet driver are you using? If you use the Ethernet/IP driver, it should autobrowse and display all available nodes. Some devices won't show up, however. For those, use the "Ethernet devices" driver. Here, you'll enter each IP address you want to see individually. One of your HMIs may be an older revision (or whatever triggers this) that won't autobrowse.

Are both HMIs connected to the PLC through the same Ethernet module? If not, they may be on different subnets, and RSLinx won't be able to see them at the same time.

Thanx Guys, I use Ethernet/IP driver, subnet mask and IP address I can check only on one panel which I see on RSLinx,second one is unknown and both panels on same network switch-yes. Now if to do what Joseph_e2 suggest and punch in personal IP address of that panel....I tried to go in set up menu ( restart Screen and press in the bottom right corner, as stated in manual I found - got error..no luck.) So couldn't get in.....Panel is touchscreen, there are no buttons.

Look in manual 2711-UM014G-EN-P, page 72, to access the config menu. Page 84 goes through DF1 setup, which may or may not be usable on the printer port. Page 86 goes into Ethernet/IP settings. Use this to verify your settings. Once you figure out what the IP address is, try to ping it from your computer. This may also be available from within PanelBuilder32 if you have the project file.