RSLinx failed to connect to CompactLogix through a gateway

cstca

System:

I have three testers, each tester having one CompactLogix L35E (rev. 15.3), 4 PowerFlex 700, one Panel View Plus, one Flex I/O and one PC, everything on Ethernet IP, with IP address setup to be 192.168.x.x. Between my local network and the plant network (10.x.x.x) I have a gateway: two ENBT/A (rev. 3.9) cards on a ControlLogix chassis, one on my local network (IP 192.168.x.x) and one on the plant network (IP 10.x.x.x). I’m communicating with one ControlLogix through the gateway using produced and consumed tags from all my CompactLogix processor.

Problem:

The MES is not able to reliable see my processors using RSLinx 2.43. Sometime the communication is okay; sometime they cannot see anything on my network. Sometime they need 5-10 min. to update all my tags. They are using Cisco switches and they are communicating all the time with 10 ControlLogix with no problem. Using Produced/Consumed tags, I see the ControlLogix, but it’s taking 2-3 min. to see the I/O LED on the ControlLogix steady ON when I’m establishing communication with the plant network. I’ve put an Ethernet snooper on the gateway and I saw a lot of CIP Connection Failure.

Is there anything that I’m missing in the gateway configuration? Do I have to do anything other than to setup the IP address on these cards? Did someone tried this configuration before and is working with no problem?

Thanks for any help.

CoS

check for no of connections in Clx Enbt

By typing Ip address of Enbt which is generating problem in Internet explorer you can diagnose the ethernet network

Last edited: