RSLinx on VMWare

Static_23

I am running RSLinx on VMWare version 10.0.1 and I cant get it to see the PLC through ethernet. When i ping it I get a response but linx doesnt see it. The network is set as bridge.

Any ideas?

Have you assigned which network adapter your VMWare is using for Bridged networking? If you have a laptop for example, you likely have a wired and a wireless Ethernet adapter. Which one is bridged networking supposed to use? In my v9 VMware you go to the Edit menu and select Virtual Network Adapter.

Have you assigned an IP address to your adapter in the VM? With bridged networking your Ethernet adapter must be assigned an IP address. It will not use anything from the host as it is treated as a separate machine from the host.

OG

The bridges and IPs are set. we have another computer set up the same way and it works just fine. I copied that VM and put it on my computer and it still doesnt work. i checked everything that Operaghost said and everything looks good.

Ok, so what version of Windows are you using (Win7/8 or WinXP, 32 or 64-bit)? What revision of RSLinx?

When you configure the driver, did you choose EtherNet/IP or Ethernet devices? I always recommend using Ethernet devices even though it requires you to manually enter the IP addresses you wish to discover.

OG

I'm running Windows 7 on both the Host and VM. It has version RSLinx 2.59. I am using Ethernet Devices for the driver and the firewalls are turned off on both the host and VM.

I can ping the IP from the VM and it see's it but RSLinx doesnt see it.

Since you are using the Ethernet driver - have you configured the node list?
Have you tried the Ethernet/IP driver?