RSLinx v4.12 and DF1 Polling Master Driver

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
Trying to recover an old well controller ML1000 using DF1 Half Duplex and my RSLinx won't allow me to create a DF1 Polling Master Driver. I am running version 4.12. I can start the process and edit all the settings for a known good working COM1 port, but when i click "OK", the driver is not created and also the "Apply" button stays grayed out on the driver config. dialog box.

I am about to delete the Harmony files, but thought I'd start a thread in case someone knows about this.

Thanks

EDIT: Deleting the Harmony files didn't help

Last edited:
RSLinx Classic gave up a few times on DF1 Polling Master over the years because they couldn't reliably get hardware flow control working through all the necessary layers of abstraction.

They usually had the decency to remove it from the available drivers list when it wasn't supported.

I know that RSLinx 4.12 has a security patch for an elevated privileges bug; are you running it as Administrator ?

Notes I found in the Knowledgebase for 3.70 and up say that driver will work in Win10 64-bit, but requires 3.6 or below for Win10 32-bit, or "XP Mode".

Thank you Ken!

I finally gave up and slapped a used ML1100 in there that I had in the truck. Before doing that, I tried uninstalling RSLinx and installing version 2.57 which had a whole bunch of missing drivers including the one I needed. Next I downloaded version 3.90 and had the same issue as version 4.12.

The good news is that after the fire damage to this panel, the old DataLinc Modem still works and the ML1100 is getting messages from the plant at 1200 baud and I can see all that working using the Ethernet driver. I had hoped to upload the old code as a basis in the faulted ML1000, but there's a good chance it was wiped out and it only took about 6 lines of logic to make this thing do what it has always done which is turn on one output and map two inputs back to the plant data block.

It has been two or three years since I last set up a DF1 Master Polling driver but it did work with Win10 64 bit...not sure what version of RSLinx I had at that time...all the more reason i have to add time and parts to these jobs dealing with antiques.

Last edited: