RSLinx DF1 Autoconfigure to PLC5/40 not working

pcola

RSLinx 2.43 has been installed on my computer for months, but now when I try to autoconfigure a DF1 connection to a PLC5 Channel 0, the message "Auto Configure Initializing" appears and it does not continue. I unistalled and reinstalled, but it has made no difference; the one change has been the installation of RSView Studio ME. Any comments?

Is the AB-DF1 driver running?

Do you have the correct null-modem cable connection?
Do you have any other drivers configured and if so, what are they?

The advice given by rgurin is excellent as usual, and absoutely correct. If you need to get going in a hurry, CTRL>ALT>DEL and look in Windows Task Manager. Under processes, look for RSLinxNG.EXE; highlight it and click End Process button. Then try to autoconfigure your DF1 driver in RSLinx Classic.

Sometimes your COM port does not communicate without any reason. Try to Disable the COM port and Enable the Port again and restart the computer. This Problem is very Typical with Panelviews.

Go in device manager, disable com port, go in advance settings & change the com port no. to 5,6 or higher ....many times on com 1-4 there is lot of traffic that results in error.

It's also important to clarify that the operation is actually locking up, and not failing. Usually the timeout for this takes at least 30 seconds, if not one full minute if I am not mistaken. I personally have never seen the operation lock up, only fail because of the reason's mentioned above, or because the incorrect cable was being used.

My experience is with a SLC, not a PLC, but still similar...

I was having a similar issue with Linx not communicating or browsing the netowrk. Linx would actually lock up entirely whenever I tried to Auto-Configure. I later found out that Simatic was setup on the same COM port,a nd they were interfereing. Maybe try changing to a second COM port, if you have one.