RSlogic 5000 + Kepware OPC server connectivity

dinster

hi all

i'm still new with my Flexlogic 5434.

my question is, how do i see all the tags / ladder logic used in my Flexlogic? i need those info so that i can setup my Kepware OPC server properly?

pls help.

Kepserver should automatically generate tags for all addresses in your program once you configure your channel and device properties and connect. It's been a little while since I've done it, but as I recall, the tags didn't show up in Kepserver until I first established the connection, then closed and re-opened the server.

There is a button in the properties for the device to create the tag database. Once your connection is set up correctly, hit the button and it will pull everything for you.

what if i dont have license for RSlogix 5000?

can i still generate tags for all addresses used in the PLC?

Yes, KepServer has a driver that connects directly to the PLC, so you don't need a license for RSLogix to set up KepServer.

OK, first the facts:

You have a 1794-L34 Flexlogix controller, right?

Which of the following communications daughtercards are installed in the controller?

1788-CNC, -CNCR for ControlNet communications
1788-CNF, -CNFR for ControlNet communications
1788-DNBO for DeviceNet communications​
1788-ENBT for EtherNet/IP communications

The 1784-PCIC is a PCMCIA card that goes in your computer for ControlNet interface.

The Kepware says it wants an Ethernet connection to the processor using the 1788-ENBT or a 1761-NET-ENI on the serial port. So, do you have an ethernet connection on the FlexLogix controller? Doesn't look like a ControlNet connection is going to help.

OK, first the facts:

You have a 1794-L34 Flexlogix controller, right?

Which of the following communications daughtercards are installed in the controller?

1788-CNC, -CNCR for ControlNet communications
1788-CNF, -CNFR for ControlNet communications
1788-DNBO for DeviceNet communications​
1788-ENBT for EtherNet/IP communications

The 1784-PCIC is a PCMCIA card that goes in your computer for ControlNet interface.

The Kepware says it wants an Ethernet connection to the processor using the 1788-ENBT or a 1761-NET-ENI on the serial port. So, do you have an ethernet connection on the FlexLogix controller? Doesn't look like a ControlNet connection is going to help.

hi mellis

what i have in my system is as follows:

1. Flexlogic 5434 Controller (1794-L34)
2. Flex I/O Control Net Module (1794-ACNR15)
3. PCI Bus Control Net Interface for HMI = (1784-PCIC Rev B)

1784-PCIC Rev B is a PCI based card for my HMI - and not PCMCIA based.

Kepware has not come back to me on this issue.

I've tried Cyberlogic - but they too dont have driver for my 1784-PCIC. :mad:

Have you spoken to their technical support? They'd probably be able to tell you which was supported and which wasn't.

Perhaps Matrikon has a solution for me? o_O