RSLogix 500 Question, 1st time poster

ok let me give this a try,
First I downloaded the logixpro simulator
forked out $30 because it is an investment to my future.

LadderRungs.jpg

I haven't figured out how to add comments over the address's but I am trying.

Last edited:
Close but change the one of your outputs, they both have the same address, your green light and motor starter

This looks like a really informative site, free simulator, friendly folks
and there even alot of information available in peoples sigs.

thanks for the tips I'll be lurking around learning some more.

have a great weekend

Can I be the assinine one?

On this page is a "basic" motor ckt. If you notice the stop PB is normally closed. http://www.patchn.com/motors.htm

I know with a plc the Stop PB does not have to be normally closed BUT in many situations the Stop PB does need to be hardwired in that manner, it may be more appropriate to learn to do it that way.

In simple words I suggest the physical Stop PB always be Normally Closed; which means in the plc ladder you would use an XIO for it.

To add symbols to addresses in LogixPro, rightclick and choose "Edit symbol".

symbolslogixpro.JPG

Ron has a good point about the stop button usually being NC, you should do it that way.

rsdoran said:
Can I be the assinine one?....
You are correct... I was wrong and got him going in the wrong direction from the beginning...

I always have and always will do it that way.

I just get the real world and the logic world confused sometimes, but I have never used a N/O on a stop

Thanks Ron...

I do not about how you do it, but i always use the normally open contact of the contactor as the element to mantain the circuit close instead of the plc output, at the same time you can implement some kind of alarm in case the contactor get stuck close or open.

Last edited:
KTM, the Logixpro 500 from the Learning Pit is an excellent Simulator for home use. You can download it from the Site or buy the CD for Aprox. ÂŁ22
There are 13 exercises to work through and you can use the sim. for your own ideas.
Good luck.

Steve.

I haven't figured out how to add comments over the address's but I am trying.
As Nettogrisen said, to add comments to instructions, right click on the instruction box, then select "Edit Symbol".

Just as important and sometimes more so, to add explanations to rungs, right-click on the rung number, then select "Edit Rung Comment".

One more sugggestion. Instead of using the motor output address to seal the circuit, please use a set of auxiliary contacts from the motor starter. LogixPro is not set up this way but in real life it sure makes a difference. That way with a little more programming skills you can detect if the motor tripped, or if someone shut it off. :)