RsLogix Emulate500 Question

shauns

Hi

I deal with the micrologix series of PLCs on a weekly basis from the maintenance and operations side so thought I might have look whats going on under the hood.

I have RsLogix Micro and I've made a simple 1 input 1 output program but when I try and open it in Emulate500 i get the following error
The SLC500 prgram must be complied before it can be emulated

I've tried everything I can find on the net. I have attached my .rss file.

Any pointers would be great!

Shaun

Open the file in RSLogix and click the Verify Project icon. Assuming no errors, click save. Try again to open in Emulate.

I saw the same message as you, but after doing the above step I was able to open it.

OG

Thanks for posting the followup.

The reason that this trips people up is that RSLogix 500 automatically does a "Project Verify", which is basically a compiling process, when you request a download to a controller.

Because RSEmulate 500 opens the *.RSS file off the file system, instead of accepting a download, there's no opportunity for that step to be done automatically.

Ideally, the error message would tell you what steps to take, but we can't have everything !