RsLogix Emulate500 and FTSE 7.0

xC0MMAND0x

I have an application I converted to FTSE 7.0, so far that is going fine. The programs written for in were written in RSLogix 500. I have the emulator downloaded and licensed, but I've never used it and it's very different than the 5000Emulator.

It seems I point to a PLC file, and it loads the .rss into an emulator slot. I did that for 5 different programs in 5 different slots, and set them all to RUN. As far as I can tell, I am not getting any errors in 500Emulate.

In FTSE, I go to the communications, and I don't see my Emulators under RSLinx Enterprise. I already added a virtual driver in RSLinx Classic Gateway, but I can't for the life of me see any of my emulators.

Am I missing a basic configuration step, or any ideas/thoughts/suggestions?

I did google around a bit and read some how-to guides, but can't get things working.

Thank you in advance for anything (even if you just post a link and and say, "read this dummy!"

You can't use RSLinx Enterprise. You have to configure it to use an OPC server such as RSLinx Classic.

I'm trying to use "RSLinx Classic Gateway".

Under drivers I've added the Virtual Backplane (SoftLogix58xx, USB), but none of the emulators I have running on the same node are showing up.

In 500Emulate it says Server:RSLinx in the bottom right corner.

EDIT:

I found the following:

Setting up communications with RSLinx

Here's how to set up communications between RSLinx and RSLogix Emulate:

1. Open RSLinx.

2. In RSLinx, click Communications > Configure Drivers. RSLinx displays the Configure Drivers dialog.

3. From the Available Driver Types list, select PLC-5 (DH+) Emulator or SLC-500 (DH485) Emulator, and click the Add New button. RSLinx displays a dialog for naming the driver you selected. Click OK to continue.Exploring RSLogix Emulate

4. RSLinx displays a dialog for configuring the driver. Type a station number for RSLogix Emulate in the Station Number field. Remember, RSLogix Emulate is being treated as if it were a hardware device, so it needs a unique station number. You can also type a name for RSLogix Emulate in the Station Name field.

5. When you have configured the driver, click OK. The driver configuration
dialog closes.

When RSLogix Emulate is running with programs in memory, you can use the Who Active or RSWho functions and see the emulator as if it was a PLC-5 on a Data Highway Plus network or an SLC-500 on a DH-485 network. Other applications that use RSLinx can also access the programs as if they were on a communications network.

See my attached Screenshot - I don't have the options it says to use in RSLinx...

Last edited:
That's the driver for Emulate 5000 only. You need the DH485 driver.

If you look at the screenshot I posted, it doesn't look like I can select the Driver needed in RSLinx - it's missing...The other guides I've seen show I need to select "SLC500 (DH485) Emulator driver".

Do I need a different version of RSLinx? I'm running, "RSLinx Classic Gateway 3.60.00 CPR 9 SR 6"