RSLogix 500 Software Crashes

Tweeker

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a computer loaded with RSLogix 500 software and some other Rockwell software. It is running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. The 500 software version is 9.00.00 (CPR 9). I am running RSLinx version 3.60.00 CPR 9.

I can open and view a program file well enough, but when I try to connect to the controller (MicroLogix 1400 series A), it throws a windows system error message up stating that it needs to close the software.

Has anyone experienced this and do you have a solution?

Thank you.

When I've had this issue it has been related to corrupted "Harmony" files in RSLinx. I'm sure a forum or Google search for "Delete Harmony Cache" or similar will set you on the right path. Rockwell's KB even has a handy dandy batch file that automates the process.