HMI software with rslogix emulate 500

fredz0003

Hi everyone, so I am training at home without hardware, and Im using rslogix 500, with emulator it all works fine, my question is, are there any free hmi packages that work where I can emulate a screen and use it with my emulation in rslogix 500?

Would crimson 2.0 work?

Well I found the documentation about rslogix emulate and using the virtual ports but I can't even get past the build bunch of errors keep popping, oh well it was too good to be true.

I got a reply and a fix from Archie on the thread about the advanceHMI, up and running now it is a great tool, as me and my brother are planning a new project at home and we would like to build a free hmi to test our project before we go and spend some money on a real hmi, thanks for the help.(y)

Someone got up on the wrong side of the control cabinet

o_O
Hmmm, Ignition is an HMI package and more with some fantastic features even in its free version.
You asked for HMI packages that connect to Emulate.
Thought I could help jog someone's mind.

Seemed relevant to me.

Sorry if you don't see it that way.

o_O
Hmmm, Ignition is an HMI package and more with some fantastic features even in its free version.
You asked for HMI packages that connect to Emulate.
Thought I could help jog someone's mind.

Seemed relevant to me.

Sorry if you don't see it that way.

No need to apologize, but I asked for known stuff that actually works with rslogix emulator, and you were asking if Ignition worked so I am guessing that you don't know if it works based on your question, well anyways the free advancedHMI seemed to work fine with the DF1 driver.

Hi guys,
I'm trying to connect my Emulator 500 to AdvanceHMI....
Coulombboy, how exactly did you use a Virtual Com port?
Does RSLinx use com port when using emulator drivers?
Thankz

Hi iDeew,

If you have RSlinx with you, i suggest that you use OPC pretty much easier than using virtual COM ports. Your RSlinx version should be gateway, or any other rslinx that has OPC feature.

For the virtual COM ports, you just need to setup the virtual COM software. The other end is for the settings of EMU500 and the other is for COM port of you computer. You have to have the virtual COM software first. You can download free you just have to look for it. For me I have used COMCOM.

What I have is the RSLinx Classic Lite...It doen't have the OPC server option....
How did you configured the AdvancedHMI's DF1 driver to read Emulator 500?
And I do have virtual Com application....
All the settings I see in VB.NET is the com port!!
But I don't see a com port on RSLinx for the emulator!! See below

thanks

test.PNG tt.PNG

Last edited:
How did you configured the AdvancedHMI's DF1 driver to read Emulator 500?
And I do have virtual Com application....
All the settings I see in VB.NET is the com port!!
But I don't see a com port on RSLinx for the emulator!
In the AdvancedHMI\Documents directory there is a PDF showing how to setup RSEmulate to use with AdvancedHMI

Duh...How stupid I am!!

There are illustrated guides inside the \AdvancedHMI\Document folder...;-[]

But the Virtual Com Port Emulator described is not free....But not to fear...
goto www.eterlogic.com/Downloads.html

Download the VIRTUAL SERIAL PORTS EMULATOR....for free
This even works with 64 bit(Win 7) ...at least for me...

Last edited:
Comm trouble

hello everyone,

I am trying to use the hmi with RS emulator, but in Microsoft visual studios 2015, i do not see a DF1 com port. Are there any other possible ports to apply for the emulator? or is there some software im missing possibly?