RSlogix emulator software and virtual HMI

backendcode

Hello Everyone,
I just got the Rslogix emulator software and testing some code on it. But I need to toggle the bit to test my code. Is there any virtual HMI I can connect with my Emulator software so I can visualize my code. or any other alternate method I can visualize my project and run the code behind it.

If you have FactoryTalk View Studio, you can create a HMI application and "test" it, and it will run as if it were a real HMI for up to two hours.

If you have FactoryTalk View Studio, you can create a HMI application and "test" it, and it will run as if it were a real HMI for up to two hours.

I don't have factorytalk video studio software and don't know how to program HMI :/ I am new to PLC. any other alternative?

Thanks though!

I probably don't fully understand what you're asking for - but in RSLogix/Studio5000, can't you just Right-Click and select "Toggle Bit" from the pop-up menu? ...

You can toggle in the software. If you have to have an HMI and don't have ME, try advancedhmi. It will work with emulate, though it may be a challenge for you.

Yes I can right click on the input instruction and toggle that bit but I need to watch the tag value. Instead of watching the tag values to change I would like to see graphics
for example, Instead of toggle the push button bit, I would like to connect my code to push button graphics and whenever I click on the graphics, it will toggle the bit on the backend.

I am going to look into advanceHMI, Looks like VB code and I worked in visual basic and python and hand coding is not hard for me to understand but i am pretty new to ladder logic diagram but its fun though.

Thanks for the recommendation!

I think I get what you're trying to do - basically just experiment with different ideas - and see what the various pieces of the puzzle can do ...

but its fun though.

as long as you can keep it that way - then you've got the right attitude ... good luck with it ...

I think I get what you're trying to do - basically just experiment with different ideas - and see what the various pieces of the puzzle can do ...

as long as you can keep it that way - then you've got the right attitude ... good luck with it ...

Yes, I am trying to play around with PLC code and become more comfortable!

and I believe " necessity is the mother of invention"

Thanks for the wishes! Good luck to you!!

Cheers!