RSLogix 500 Starter to Standard upgrade?

kolyur

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Does anyone know if Rockwell has special pricing for upgrading a license of RSLogix 500 Starter to the Standard version? (Reason is to have online editing with SLCs.) Any options besides forking out the big bucks for a whole new license of RSLogix Standard?

And don't say upgrade to CompactLogix :ROFLMAO:

I believe you can. I know there is a trade-in program for some licenses because I've looked into trading RSLogix5 for 5000 licenses before. Just call your AB distributor and they can tell you if its possible and how much the trade-in is worth.

This used to be done under the "Step Forward" commercial program.

That program became a "salesman's discretion" sort of program because the part numbers and products and percentages changed so often.

This is definitely something you need to ask your RA distributor for pricing on.