difference between rslogix 500 and rslogix micro starter lite

redhorse

Is there anybody here who can provide the difference between rslogix 500 and rslogix micro starter lite. Also, is there a specific guide or manual for the micro starter. I've been trying to search in the internet but only manual for rslogix 5/500/5000 are available. Thanks.

RSLogix 500 Micro Starter Lite is the lowest-functionality Edition of RSLogix 500 software.

It supports all models and revisions of the MicroLogix 1000 and MicroLogix 1100 model controllers.

It does not support any other models of MicroLogix, including the MicroLogix 1200, 1400, and 1500 controllers. It does not support any modular SLC-5/00 controllers, including the SLC-5/00, 5/01, 5/02, 5/03, 5/04, and 5/05.

The various features of the different RSLogix 500 Editions can be found in the software Product Profile on the Rockwell Automation website: LG500-PP001.

The Micro Starter Lite edition has the feature set of the "Starter" edition, limited to the MicroLogix 1000 and 1100 controllers.

You won't find a User Manual that's specific to that software edition; all the functionality of the software is covered in the Online Help and all the functionality of the controllers is covered in the User Manuals and Instruction Set References for those controllers.

Thank you so much Ken. So, you mean that I can program micrologix 1000, edit the program offline/online, and run the program using rslogix micro starter.

That's correct. The "Micro Starter Lite" edition is meant to provide all the tools you need for the two entry-level models of MicroLogix controller.

One small note: MicroLogix 1000 controllers allow online monitoring, but not online editing. You must compile the program and download it. During the download the controller has to go to Program mode, which turns off all the outputs.

MicroLogix 1100 controllers do support online editing in Run mode, with any Edition of RSLogix 500.

Is there anybody here who can provide the difference between rslogix 500 and rslogix micro starter lite. Also, is there a specific guide or manual for the micro starter. I've been trying to search in the internet but only manual for rslogix 5/500/5000 are available. Thanks.

I would recommend going to rockwell automations website. From there you can search rslogix 500 and you should be able to find a detailed comparrison table for each version of 5oo. Sounds like you may be new to PLC programming? Good luck to you and have fun!

Problem with led outs

Hello,
I am new to micrologix, and I am using micrologix starter lite. I enjoy the programming, it is simple and straightforward. However, when I use a TOF my outputs become unstable, and flash on and off as if they are analog. I want stable outputs. I have not been able to test this on hardware yet, but I assume the issue would persist. Any guidance would be much appreciated, thank you.

Old thread, it would better suit you to start your own thread. Zip and post your project.