RSLogix 5000 alias in PanelView Plus

paulB

I do not have either PLC or PanelView Plus to test this. Let say I have tag in PLC program Machine_Bit. And I have tag HMI_Bit, which is alias to the tag Machine_Bit. In PanelView Plus application indicator connected to tag HMI_Bit.
My question: will indicator change its state when tag Machine_Bit is changing? It appears it will. However I was reading somewhere that it maybe not. I do not have any hardware handy to test this. Maybe someone can test and let me know.
Thank you,
PaulB.

Albertabound's answer is not really correct.

A tag in the the ControlLogix database is a tag.

Sometimes these tags contain data (i.e. a base tag), and sometime they don't (i.e. an alias tag).

Most importantly ALIAS TAGS DO NOT STORE DATA, they redirect tag access to the base tag. Data is only stored once

So, an HMI, addressing an alias tag, gets data from the base tag anyway, no difference

I don't see the source of data as relevant to the question.

Isn't this what you asked.....

My question: will indicator change its state when tag Machine_Bit is changing?

... my post explained that there is only one place where the data resides, so your HMI addressing the alias tag, or the base tag, will make no difference.