Rslogix 5000 and matrix codes

Paul Reed

HI, I AM NEW TO RSLOGIX5OOO AND NEED SOME ADVICE ON HOW TO GATHER AND MOVE DATA FROM A MATRIX CODE READER. I HAVE A TWELVE DIGIT CODE I AM READING WITH A SCANNER. I NEED TO ATTACH IT TO A STATION ON A MACHINE AND HAVE IT FOLLOW THE PART IN THE MACHINE. AFTER THAT IF THE PART IS GOOD I NEED TO SEND THE DATA TO A DATABASE FOR STORAGE THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS WHEN I HAVE A BAD PART. UPON GETTING A RELJECT I NEED TO ADD THREE DIGIT CODE FOR THE DEFECT AND PRINT A LABEL WITH ALL 15 DIGITS TO ATTACH TO THE PART. PUTTIMNG THE THREE DIGITS ON THE END OF THE MATRIX IS AS SIMPLE AS THE CONCATE INSTRUCTION. BUT THE MOVEMENT AND HANDLING OF THE DATA IS A PROBLEM AREA FOR ME. I AM NOT ASKING SOMEONE TO DO THIS FOR ME JUST POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION FOR SOME INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIAL SO I MAY EDUCATE MYSELF ON DATA HANDLING AND MANIPULATION IN RSLOGIX5000. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP:geek:

No im not having an issue shifting data around in the plc. My real issue is that I need to know how to how to send data to a zebra printer via ethernet ip from a compact logix plc 1769-l32e

I need to add a 3 digit code for the defect, and print a label (with all 15 digits) to attach to the part.
Your new code will exceed the 16-bit word length, so you will need to swap most all instructions to use double words (32 bits long).

Last edited: