RSLogix 5000 Duplicate Timer Detection

If you go to SEARCH on the upper tool bar>Select FIND> then enter the name of the duplicated timer in the FIND WHAT search bar> Select FIND ALL> then move your cursor to the narrow bar just above search results, below your routine name near the bottom of the screen, and expand the line up, you will see all instances of the duplicated timer.

That is, if I understand your question correctly.

Good Luck

Regards,

Welcome to the forum!

If you suspect a particular timer may have been duplicated, select it and press Ctrl+E (or right click and select Cross Reference). You'll get a list of all the places that that particular timer is used - obviously you can ignore the references to the .EN, .DN, .PRE and .ACC bits; all you're interested in is whether there's more than one TON/TOF/RTO reference in the list.

If you want to find out it there are ANY duplicated timers at all, I'm not sure of a way to do that in RSLogix 5000. If there's a way, someone around here will know about it!

What has prompted the question?

The problem is that I have many timers in the program and I want to check them all. I was hoping that there would be a way to do this (similar to the 'verify controller' function). Verify Controller does not check for duplicate timers for some reason.

The best answer I can come up with is:
- Open controller tags
- Sort by data type
- Select the first TIMER and press Ctrl+E
- Run your eye over the list for duplicate TON/TOF/RTO's and press Ctrl+Tab to return to controller tags
- Select the next timer and repeat

Not as simple as you're looking for I'm sure. But you'd probably do 10 a minute so as long as there weren't hundreds of them it wouldn't take too long :) just make sure as well as controller scoped tags, you check the program scoped tags as well.

The best answer I can come up with is:
- Open controller tags
- Sort by data type
- Select the first TIMER and press Ctrl+E
- Run your eye over the list for duplicate TON/TOF/RTO's and press Ctrl+Tab to return to controller tags
- Select the next timer and repeat

Not as simple as you're looking for I'm sure. But you'd probably do 10 a minute so as long as there weren't hundreds of them it wouldn't take too long :) just make sure as well as controller scoped tags, you check the program scoped tags as well.

Thanks. Actually found another way...generate a report of tags to a pdf file then search it for TON. If there is a duplicate it will be shown more than once. Repeat for TOF.