Rslogix 5000 email problem

DeanO

Hi, I am trying to send an email on RSLogix 5000 using the MSG Instruction. I am using Control Logix and the Module is 1756-ENBT/A.
I am getting the following errors:
•Error Path: Ethernet
•Error Text: General Error
•Error Code: 16#00ff, Extended Code 16#0000_0100

For the email status, it is giving me a msg saying "530#5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first"

I have followed the steps:
Go to Slide 89/148
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/enet-um001_-en-p.pdf

Google smtp 530,
Your smtp server requres authentication that enbt does not support

Last edited:
Your smtp server requres authentication that enbt does not support
The lucky dog was protected by a technology gap! Will the owner of this facility give a big thanks to Deano an hour after some bad malware comes back down that Email portal that he is trying to open? What will insure that this link can not be used as a two-way street?

Last edited:
The lucky dog was protected by a technology gap!
Funny. :)
I should have a chance to use this quote next week.

On the serious note - you can put some SMTP server on your local network behid firewall.
One I saw was from www.softstack.com - looks simple to use and almost nothing to configure.
But I don't know if it puts any malware also -use it on your own risk.

Firewalls are good, and everyone that is going to link a plant control system to every potential hacker in the world should have a firewall or two or three.

But a firewall is not another name for "absolutely no unwanted entry". Many see a firewall as only a challenge to find a way around. Firewalls are only as protective as the weakest user that may be bribed, extored, or simply have his password stolen.

Last edited: