Rslogix 5000 for micrologix

advmin

Hello all, good morning.
Hope everybody is doing well.
I got doubts about the compatibility of the software Rslogix 5000 with my micrologix 1500.

Is it possible to program and simulate the micrologix family using Rslogix 5000 in any way? I read it only works with the PACs on the internet.
Any alternative solutions folks?

Thank you

5000 is for compactlogix anc contrologix ONLY.

For a MICROlogix 1500, you will need rs logix 500, and unfortunately for you not a free version (free version is only micrologix 1000 and 1100).

micro 800 are different again, they are CCW

Thank you for your quick reply.
So how can I purchase the low-price version of rslogix 500 ie, RSlogix micro starter?
because I can't find any downloading/purchasing option on the RA website.

cheers

Micro starter is the free version, which as already noted is 1000 and 1100 only.

For a 1500 processor, reach out to your nearest Rockwell distributor.

Last edited:
Micro starter is the free version, which as already noted is 1000 and 1100 only.

For a 1500 processor, reach out to your nearest Rockwell distributor.

Micro Starter Lite is the free version for 1000/1100 only.

Either Micro Starter or Micro Developer will program any of the MicroLogix family.

See this technote (Document ID IN4789, Access level: Everyone).

I recall hearing at one of the roadshows that they were planning to make Logix 5000 work with the ML line... but I never heard it again and Studio came out after that so I doubt if that will ever actually happen. Shame, I love the 1400 for so many things.