(RSLogix 5000)How the information in Analog Card can be linked to a tag?

yasamanvakili

Hi
I want to create a typical AI(Analog Input), because of that I should pull out for example the Local:x:I.ChyData for every channel(it will use for IN value on SCL to convert it to Engineering value). I have 74 analog input.
Is there any way that I can creat a loop to get the specific information (Raw value, fault status,..) from AI Card.
I'm programming with RSLogix 5000.
Thank you very much
Yasaman

You don't have to use the SCL in RS5K. It is done in the module properties.
You need to be more specific with your questions.
My advice to you would be to read the AB manual for the card that you are using, and if you have any questions, post specifics.

YASAMAN,

I'm no expert on this but I did take a class on the hardware side of CLX. I don't think you have to do any programming per se to get the values & status from the modules. This is all setup in the I/O configuration tree. When an I/O module is inserted into the tree there is a setup screen that pops up to configure the particular module. Once that is done, tags are created & updated automatically. All that’s left to do is put the tags to use in the program. Raw values can be scaled to engineering units in the modules I/O setup screens along with data update timing. With that many modules you may want to set the update rate to different values, so all 10 modules (8 point) won't try to send info on the backplane at the same time causing a traffic jam.

Example:

Module slot 2 updates every 25ms

Module slot 3 updates every 27ms

Module slot 4 update every 29 ms

You didn't say which module you’re using; they have different minimum update times for each.

Hope this helps. If I made any mistakes here I'm sure others will clear up any confusion I have created.

BD

RSLogix5K Scaling

Well, he never said he was using ControlLogix - and the CompactLogix hardware doesn't do all of that new-fangled scaling stuff, as I found out to my dismay when using an IF8. It does (some) scaling in hardware, but it's not all that well documented, and the books do <not> match what you see on the screen with version 15 software. It will scale, to integer ranges, but if you're looking to scale to floating point engineering units you are looking at the SCL block (in FBD or text, no ladder there) or the hard way using plain-old-math.

I'm know just enough 5K to know I don't know anywhere near enough 5K to suggest a solution. In the SLC-500 day's I would have used indexed addressing, but I haven't had to figure that out on the 5K platform yet.

Ken

KENSCHUNK,
"Well, he never said he was using ControlLogix " True. I made an assumption there. I keep forgeting about the Compact,Flex, units. Maybe because I've never had the pleasure of seeing one in the real world. Heck, he might be using RIO to a Flex module for all I know.
BD