RSLogix 5000 Question: COP vs CPS

tomizzo11

So I'm trying to do some arithmetic with arrays of DINTs. However, I'm running into a problem.

I’m trying to create a copy of let’s call it ARRAY 1. This copy will then be called ARRAY 2.

10 seconds later I want to compare these arrays to find differences in them. However, it seems like the COP created a new pointer to ARRAY 1. By this I mean that the changes to ARRAY 1 appear to make changes to ARRAY 2 as well. So is Array 2 essentially just referencing ARRAY 1?

Also, RSLogix doesn’t give a good description between the difference between CPS and COP instructions seeing as they share the same exact help page in the documentation. Could anyone give me a little help with this?

I believe I found my problem. I had a duplicate CPS instruction that I was using to test earlier and forgot to delete it. I did have an ONS infrot of the CPS instruction though. Thank you