RSLogix 5000 Removable Media Explorer

Yeah, Rockwell has a couple samples. One that gets installed with Studio, and another on the knowledge base. Both are horribly written and documented.

I have gone through them and wrote my own documentation on the messages, and was considering writing my own tool, but since Rockwell already had one I wanted to use it instead.

I'm also curious if the RME uses a different CIP object, since the object in the samples can only be messages from the controller on newer firmware. But it could also be that the RME does now work on newer versions since it was never updated from XP.

EDIT: If anyone knows what service 0x51 does on the filesystem object, it exists but is not in either sample, I would love to know.

Yeah, Rockwell has a couple samples. One that gets installed with Studio, and another on the knowledge base. Both are horribly written and documented.

I have gone through them and wrote my own documentation on the messages, and was considering writing my own tool, but since Rockwell already had one I wanted to use it instead.

I'm also curious if the RME uses a different CIP object, since the object in the samples can only be messages from the controller on newer firmware. But it could also be that the RME does now work on newer versions since it was never updated from XP.

EDIT: If anyone knows what service 0x51 does on the filesystem object, it exists but is not in either sample, I would love to know.

Not sure if you saw my post 11, but they have some newer utility that sounds like it almost does the same thing as the one you are looking for. Haven't tried it myself yet:

I'll be wiresharking it when I get time.

https://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.php?p=950046&postcount=11

Not sure if you saw my post 11, but they have some newer utility that sounds like it almost does the same thing as the one you are looking for. Haven't tried it myself yet:

Thanks for that, I did miss your post.
I just downloaded it. I'm traveling today but I'll start looking at it on my VM on the plane.
If I find anything I'll post it here.

As far as I can tell, it reads file info / metadata. It's privileged, so the message needs to originate from the controller itself.

As far as I can tell, it reads file info / metadata. It's privileged, so the message needs to originate from the controller itself.
Thanks, I'll have to play with it more once I get back home, I'm currently traveling from Nebraska to North Dakota (A long ways away from Alaska)

I took a look at it, they are using CIP Sockets to talk to a TFTP server.
It is an interesting idea. It does not really work well for my situation, but I can see where it would be useful. The largest limitation would be that the PLC would need to be on the network to use it, with a TFTP site setup. In my case I need something that will work on a remote PLC that an operator can just plug his/her laptop in and get the files. Perhaps I could rig this up so there is a TFTP server running on their laptop, and when they plugin the logic attempts to copy the files over (probably on a timer, like every 1 minutes). But I am running with an old L61 without a ethernet card. I could probably get one. I'll have to see.

The ideal solution would be to find the RME, our RA rep has reached out to some factory guys to see if they have a copy, so far no luck.

So my RA rep was able to get a copy for me.
It was attached to a RA Internal only tech note.
Anyone else needing a copy, I recommend bypassing tech support as they will not be able to help, and just reach out to your rep directly.

Sorry, forum rules prohibits sharing software that is paid. The RME does require a support contract with Rockwell to acquire it (at least in the past)

Since it is discontinued, I think it would be a gray area, but I would rather be safe than sorry.
If Rockwell historically did not require a support contract to acquire it, then I probably would not care as much.