RsLogix 5000 Scaling analog input to use in PID

Dera bsee

Hello all,

First I'd like to say thank you for viewing my post. I need to learn how to scale an analog input on the RSLogix 5000 without doing so on the Card configuration. I've read forums on here stating to use function blocks or the compute instruction. How will I be able to apply it on a pid instruction.?Lets say for example I have a 4-20 mA signal from a temperature transmitter. My scaled value would have to be from 0 to 180 degrees and I will be controlling a control valve for steam. I've seen different examples stating to get the Raw Input then rawMin, rawMax, sclMin, sclMax and to get the slope and so forth. I attached to files of examples that I have seen on here but still don't really know how would I use it for a pid loop and how to actually apply it. I know there's wise programmers on here and would appreciate your input. Thank you so much. :unsure:

analog card scaling using move ans compute instruction.jpg analog card scaling using move ans compute instruction 002.jpg

Hello all,

First I'd like to say thank you for viewing my post. I need to learn how to scale an analog input on the RSLogix 5000 without doing so on the Card configuration. I've read forums on here stating to use function blocks or the compute instruction. How will I be able to apply it on a pid instruction.?Lets say for example I have a 4-20 mA signal from a temperature transmitter. My scaled value would have to be from 0 to 180 degrees and I will be controlling a control valve for steam. I've seen different examples stating to get the Raw Input then rawMin, rawMax, sclMin, sclMax and to get the slope and so forth. I attached to files of examples that I have seen on here but still don't really know how would I use it for a pid loop and how to actually apply it. I know there's wise programmers on here and would appreciate your input. Thank you so much. :unsure:
Hi Dera,
Morning.

Have you tried PlantPAx's AOI...????

I usually use a modified SCP AOI from the AB website.. Looks like the old SCP from the SLC RSlogix 500 instruction set.. Is the same calculation as you posted, just hidden away..

Also think you can actually scale the PV in the PID instruction, though haven't ever used the functionality myself