Rslogix 5000 syntax

unsaint32

Why does RSlogix 5000 allow a tag name "integer.1" and "integer.[1]" to be interchangeable? For the elements of the integer, it doesn't matter whether the bit number is bracketed or not. I am just curious. Thank you.

Integer.1 can only be a fixed address
Integer.[index+1] can be an expression
I see. That makes sense.
Other programmers I work with use either method even for a fixed address. I will have to implement a rule not to use the bracket for fixed address elements to make things easier for maintenance techs. Thank you.

Similar Topics

Hello, I am trying to read a barcode scanner input using a cognex dataman 280 barcode reader, store it another string, the compare with another...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, in the alarm manager of Rslogix 5000, the tag-based alarm has been created. But when I tried to change the condition, it was found the...
Replies
Views
I am completely stuck on building a ladder program that requires a start button to be pressed 3 times to turn on motor 1. Then motor 2 starts...
Replies
Views
First off, I'm a hobbyist-level programmer, and this program isn't controlling anything anything that could even remotely be considered "life...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom