RSLogix 5000 Timer Time Base.

ddnnis

Does anyone know of a RSLogix 5000 add on timer instruction that as the time base option as did the RSLogix 500 timer.

I'm sure I have never seen such a thing. You could create one, I suppose, just by multiplying the Preset times 10 or 100 or 1000.

Why would you want this method when you can use the consistent 1 ms timebase in RSLogix 5000 ? I'm sure you have a good reason, and I'm very curious about what it is.

I have to convert several programs from RSLogix 500 to RSLogix 5000, within the programs there are several spots where the time base is scaled within the HMI. I thought it might be easier for me to follow if I could match the time bases exactly and not have to worry about scaling. I'm somewhat new to the Logix 5000 software. I still have alot to learn. Thanks

That makes sense; the HMI conversion for timebases is a very common issue when converting PLC/SLC programs to Logix.

In my experience you have to address this, and other HMI addressing issues, manually.

The ControlLogix Timer has a 32-bit DINT datatypes for the Preset, Accumulated, and Control words, versus 16-bit for the PLC/SLC, and the Timer contro elements cannot be emulated directly using the "Map PLC/SLC Data Tables" feature like an INT or REAL data element can.

Therefore you're going to have to re-address any HMI reference that directly addresses a timer (or a Counter, for that matter), so you'll handle the scaling at that point too.

Ken, Once again thanks for info.
The programs I'm converting are from a Micrologix 1500 with a Devicenet scanner which controls a Powerflex 40, Temp loop module,Encoder and some remote I/O . I'm currently trying to decide if I should convert it to a SLC program and then translate it to RSLogix 5000 using the translator tool. There are about 260 rungs of logic in 14 files. I think the translator will help if I can get it converted to a SLC file successfully. As a last resort I guess I start entering all of the code manually. What would be your thoughts on this?

Last edited: