RSLogix comm with dh485

keving9

I'm trying to communicate on a dh485 network with about 10 nodes on it. I'm using a laptop with RSLogix and a pic. I can communicate with indiviual plcs by plugging into the plc's dh485 port, but when I try to use who active on the network while plugged into a link coupler, it can't find anything other than the workstation and pic. I can plug my old laptop running the old AI software and communicate fine.
Any help?
Thanks.

Your problem may be that you're trying to use the PIC module with WinXP. We've had a lot of problems with the PIC device on newer laptops and have switched to the 1747-UIC (uses USB port instead of serial).

It sounds like a node number conflict. Make sure that the PIC is configured in RSLinx to use an address nothing else is using. Also, make sure the Max Station # is set to 31 (at least for now).

If all that is on your network are SLCs then Node 0 should be available but if you have other PCs or operator interfaces then 0 may be in use.

OG