rslogix full license not working on older revisions

remullis

Hello,

I have rslogix processors operating at anywhere from rev 16.0 to 30.0. I have the full option of FBD routine creation in the higher revisions but not for the earlier revisions like 16.1 or 19.0, etc. Can someone tell me what I need to put in place from a license setup standpoint to have full capability with the earlier versions. I have reinstalled rslogix 5000 a couple of times. thanks in advance!

I've had issues with activations working for that wide a range of versions. I reached out to RA for support (chat/telephone support for activations is free) and they got it sorted at their end so the activation worked properly. I'd reach out to them for help. I know it will work since I've had a single license activate from v13 up to v30. We have a standard license with the multi-language pack add-on license.

That´s what I mentioned the other day .
Rockwell used to say that licenses were perpetual, but that´s not true.
My license only work for version 20 and above, but I bought it more than 15 years ago when my license was V16.
I just changed my computer to win10 and that was my problem.
I do not want to reinstall anything, most of my work is based on newer versions ( V30- V33) but once in a while I found versions less than 20 and that is a problem.

I have 1 license on a USB Dongle for Studio5K Full (and RSArchitect) that came with ver 23 at the time. That license has had no problems running down to RSL v15 and up to V33 so far. Almost all on Windows 10, a couple of them on Windows 7.

I have heard a few times the license needs split in two (for another license fee) so one works up to v25 and the other v26+, but I have never had a problem.

The workaround is rehost your license and when you activate it again, select version 26. This will let you activate all the versions.

...http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=121674

I remember having options when rehosting the license, and selecting the correct option, and still having to contact RA tech support to sort it out. Which they did, with no complaints or charges. Other times it worked on the first try.

I will give rockwell a call. All of our licenses sit on a process network server which grabs any available one when needed. It doesn't pull in the full license for versions under 20. I read the old string where it looks like I could try rehosting and putting in V26 as a fix. I will see!

We have a TechConnect and at some point our license stopped working for V19 and older. I was told the options were, firmware upgrade all controllers to V20 or purchase a Legacy License. Our factory is a regulated environment so upgrades would require too much work. We were forced to purchase the Legacy License.