RSlogix instal

mouser

Hi,

I need some help with the software RSlogix from allen bradley.

I do all the instal and move key .... all work fine at this point but when I restart my computer and try to open RSlogix this window appear. :(

What's happen ??? I don't understand because I have already do the instal on a another computer.

any body can help me?

Tank a lot.

Mouser

erreur.jpg

The Key can only be on one computer at a time. You must move
Key back to Master Disk then to new computer.

mickey

From the error message image you posted I guess is it on system with Windows XP. Check for your software revision compatibility with XP

Mickey,

My key is on my disc because during the install EVmove say to me the move was sucesseful. The erreor apear when i try to open RSlogix for the first time.

chavak,

I have try with another computer with win2000NT and I have the same problème ?? I don't think this is a compatibility problem because the install work great. If a soft is not compatible Window don't whant to install it.

tanks for your reply.

someone can help me ???

mouser

I believe I would try to install it on a computer with Windows 98 Second Edition. It seems to be the most compatible software for the plc programming software I use.That includes from the latest RSLogix to old DOS based programming software.

Sid

Have you tried putting master disk in "A" drive then start program.
If this works then it might mean that your evmove was not sucessful.
Try again ( just fishing now )

Mickey

use the "Reset" utility to check for the master key ...

The "Fatal Error ... " message that you posted means that the RSLogix5 software could not find the hidden "key file" on your computer's hard drive - and the software won't run without it.

Now the question is: Do you still have a valid "key file" on your Master Disk? The "Reset" utility will help you find out for sure.

[attachment]

If the number of "Licenses" is "0" then there is no valid "key file" on your Master Disk. If this is a legal version of the software - and if it is currently "in support" (meaning your yearly dues have been paid) then you can call Rockwell's tech support line for a "Reset Code". You can use that reset code to "fix" the Master Disk.

If the number of "Licenses" is more than "0" then there IS a valid "key file" on your Master Disk - and you will just need to do the "Activation" step. This will move the "key file" from the Master Disk to your computer's hard drive.

Most of the information you need can be found here:

link to "RSLogix5 Getting Results Guide"

There is a whole chapter at the end of the book on "Activation" issues. You should have gotten a copy of this book with your RSLogix5 software. If you still can't get the software to work, then I'd suggest that you contact the distributor that you bought it from. They're usually quite willing to help you load the software and get it up and running.

key reset.jpg

Ron,

The number is 0. :( But what I don't understand is when I do my install, when it's time to move key (with EVMOVE) I have one valid key on my disc. A dialog box open and it write "move sucesseful".

If the move is sucessful during the instal why shoud I have another key to run my prog for the first time ??

tanks for your reply :D