RSLogix - MSG communication with no Ethernet/IP device

JohanM

Hi guys. Do you have some experience with creating connection and read data from classic Ethernet device? I have to establish communication between CompactLogix with Ethernet/IP ports and SOLARTRON Orbit3 ETHIM module. I know his IP addresses, I have to send that what is on attached picture, but I dont know what select in MSG configuration 🔨

Bez názvu.jpg

You have to use Logix Socket interface
See Rockwell technote 32962 to learn how to do it.

Please note that older CompactLogix don't support Sockets.

You have to use Logix Socket interface
See Rockwell technote 32962 to learn how to do it.

Please note that older CompactLogix don't support Sockets.

Hi Contr_Conn. I found that manual before and now communication works, with some little problems. But when I will make it work like a charm I will add guide here for this specific case.