RSLogix Task Monitor - What does "Comms" comprised of?

Glu3

Hello,
I have trouble understanding the "Comms" part in the CPU usage pie chart showing in RSLogix Task Monitor
Per the RSLogix Task Monitor manual (link below). Comms is "Communication to HMI, Programming Terminal, ect.", so does it include the Class 1 communication to IOs scanner?
I can't find in any other part anything related to this IO communication. The part in "Firebrick" color is "Comms IO Monitor" which is described as "Checks the status of each item in the I/O Configuration list" so I understand it is not the IO communication per se.

2022-08-05-10-32-22.png

2022-08-05-11-14-55.png

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/ci/okcsFattach/get/52108_4

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hello everyone, I am new to PLCs, what will happen if I set the Period of a Periodic task lesser than its execution Time for ControlLogix...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to create a new Event Task in a Logix 5000 program I am writing, but I can't seem to create it the way the manual says I should. As...
Replies
Views
Morning all, I think I'm going mad :dance: I've just upgraded my RS logix 5000 to V20.01 and it appears that the section where you link to a...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I wanna to write a bit of code to return value to show if the task is in periodic or continuous mode? is there a tag in RSLogix 5000 to...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Anybody have experience with RSLogix5000 Function Block Totalizing? Should a TOT function block be placed in a periodic task or...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom