RSLogix500 CPT Inst Error msg

I am using Logix 500 version 8.20.00 and set up the CPT in a ML1400 project. I used the expression as posted in post #3 by copying and pasting it. I used F10:3 as the destination. It verified with no errors. Is this a Logix 500 version issue?

Gripster,

Are you trying to program this offline or online?

There could be some differences in the way this verifies offline -vs- online, specifically with memory allocation. I had no problems verifying offline, even without the files set up, as an offline verify will automatically create and expand the files as necessary.

It verified with no errors. Is this a Logix 500 version issue?

There are some errors which, on accepting a rung or even 'verify file', only prompt a small message ("To navigate to the error cursor on the error") in the lower left. The full error only shows up on 'verify project'. This is one of those types.

Edit - actually, after 'verify file' the message said there were "no errors".

Last edited:
After playing around with this a little bit more its pretty obvious that the problem is multiplying two constants.

CPT N7:0 5*10 won't work, it gives you the immediate error.

CPT N7:0 50 will work.

You have to simplify your expression so that your are not multiplying constants, which is good programming practice anyways.

That is correct.
The problem is the 43.0*3.14 section of the expression.

If you program a CPT and just put two constants (immediates) around any operator like + - * | ** you will get the immediate error. I tried this out and that is what happens.

In the case posted, if you change the 43.0*3.14 to just 135.02, and make no other changes, the project will verify with no errors.