RSlogix5000 V16 program need to be converted to V15.

Saran Sri

Hello to all..

I need to convert a program that has been written in V16 of RSlogix5000 to Version 15 of RSlogix 5000.

How would I go about doing this?

Thank you
Saran.

Not sure if this would work or not, but maybe worth trying to copy the V16 logic and paste it into a V15 project?
Or do you only have V16 available to you?

The easiest way is to save the file as an .L5K file. Then have RSLogix5000 open the .L5K as a version 15 file. Logix5000 will ask you what version you want to make the new file. If the Version 16 file contains a safety PLC you cannot convert to a version 15 file as only versions 14, 16 and 17 can use the safety processors. I would not recommend the copy and paste approach as that is very time consuming.

Last edited:
LJBMatt said:
The easiest way is to save the file as an .L5K file. Then have RSLogix5000 open the .L5K as a version 15 file. Logix5000 will ask you what version you want to make the new file.

Cool - I hadn't thought of that method. Although it's not very often (meaning almost never) that I want to step down a version.
I must make a note to remember that 'trick' in future.

It works both ways as you can specify what version you want to import the file as. It's not always seemless as you might get some import errors that you will have to handle manually.

I only have V15 available to me.

What I have tried so far is to Save the V16 file as .L5K and import it into V15. When I do this, only have the file gets compiled and then it stops and does nothing.

I am missing something here and I need help to figure it out.

Thanks for the post.

Be aware that there are many features new to version 16. Like for example the Powerflex 40 VFD are supported in the I/O tree in 16 but not 15. You cannot convert backwards if any of these new features are used. Phase management, Add-ons etc. Good Luck

Ok, the usual rules apply...........as long as you don't use any V16 features, this should work.

The file needs to be opened in V16 and then saved as a .L5K file.

Then open the file in a text editor and change the line that says "IE_VER := 2.7;"

Change the 2.7 to 2.6 and then save the file and exit.

Open your V15 software and open the L5K file and import it as a V15 app.

OG

Saran Sri said:
I only have V15 available to me. .

Then you should post the program on this site and see if we can do it for you...

ZIP the file and I will give it a try or someone else will

Can I ask... is this program running in a PLC?